Sunday, April 12, 2009

Bunny Cake



I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter today! Glenn and I spent the day with my family at my parents house. My mom outdid herself once again with a yummy, yummy dinner! ( I'm still full :) Somehow as I got older I became responsible for making the "bunny cake" every Easter. When we were little, my mom would bake a chocolate cake, keep one layer for the bunny's head, and cut the other one into ears and a bow tie. Then the cake was iced with vanilla icing and coconut and jellybeans and licorice were used to make the eyes, whiskers, etc. ( I've come to realize over the years lots of other people my age grew up eating the same cake....who knew?!!!) Well, a few years ago I decided it was time to make variations of it. ( still has to be the same flavors though.....it's me and dad's favorite!) I try to still make it something the kids will love as I have 6 nieces and one nephew on my side of the family. I can't wait to bake for Noah! One of these days I need to take a cake decorating class and also play around with some fondant. In the meantime, here are this years easter basket cupcakes and last years cake. Not too shabby I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment