Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Feeling a bit sad today.......


Well, tomorrow is officially three months to the day that we received our referral of Noah and first set eyes on his cute little face. It generally takes between three and five months from the time of your referral to your child coming home. As much as I have been telling myself that it could very possibly take the full five months, I have seen people get very lucky and get their travel call right at the three month mark and I guess I have been secretly hoping that we would be that lucky as well. Noah's first birthday is on Saturday, and Glenn and I wanted so much to be with him for such a big day......but at this point I am not counting on it.

My pity party will end tonight. I think I will take a long soak in the tub to drown my sorrows of the day :( Tomorrow is a new day and I will just keep telling myself that Noah will be here soon.....he will get here when he is meant to.

( Ohhh, and this is one of my favorite photos that Glenn took on a trip we took to Cape May. We call this photo "The Saddest Seagull" I kinda feel like him right now.)

9 comments:

  1. :( Sorry you are feeling a bit down, but it's understandable! But like you said, he will be here SOON... very SOON! I imagine the wait is very hard for you both. But it will be so worth it! Your baby boy will soon be in your arms, whether it's at the early or the late end of the spectrum, either way the days are numbered. Let us know if you need ANYTHING! Hoping for a happier day tomorrow for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're feeling down, especially about him turning 1. But you WILL be traveling soon! I know it...and can't wait to read that post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, I am sad too! I am thinking of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently just started following your story. Im so sorry that you are down. I understand how you are feeling. I have been there also. I think all of us in the adoption journey feel this way at some point. God calls us to adopt..we listen...and we wait. I remember hating that word like crazy! Sometimes when we are at our lowest, God brings you amazing news. I pray your amazing news is coming soon...very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and words!! Today was a much better day....just trying to take it one day at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just started following your blog - I think I found it through Joanna, but can't remember exactly. Anyways, I am really enjoying reading about your adoption journey. We got my daughter's referral (through Eastern) on March 19th, so I have been sort of stalking you guys because I figure that once you get your travel call, we won't be too far behind! I am glad you are feeling better today. I hope that we are both holding our baby's in our arms very soon. Perhaps we will meet in Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also recently found your blog. We received our referral in early May. The waiting is so hard. I hope you get THE CALL soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey colleen, it's kim (kilsook), i think of you guys often and hope your family of 3 can be together soon. i also send good thoughts to you as you both wait the longest wait ever...with so much incredible patience. i just wanted to tell you as a side note and adoptee, the first birthday and memories that i can recollect were at two years old. my mom actually had a #1 candle and a #2 candle on the cake, for the the birthday that she missed and they all sang twice. i know it's not much of a consolation now, but i hope it helps. also, don't forget you get an added celebration of the "noah anniversary", when he comes home to you. you can whoop it up with cake balloons and the whole works! my march 1st anniversary is still a very special day for me, filled with much korean food that my parents and my family all celebrate and partake in and they now tell my kids the story "adventure" of when they picked me up from the airport every year. although itdoes seem as though the adventure gets a little more action packed as the years go on! anyway, hang in there and know that this will all seem a distant memory when you and noah lock eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here are the best vape pod,The most affordableAiristech Vape,Most memorable Ofrf Vape Mod,And the best sellers Sell Vapefly ,My favorite is Wotofo Pod .

    ReplyDelete