Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Introducing.....Noah Lee Kenneth Horan !!!!!!!



Yep, you read right! It's a boy!!!!!! The past two days have been such a whirlwind! We received a call from the director of our adoption agency yesterday giving us the absolutely amazing news! She just kept telling me how beautiful he was, how he looked like Glenn!, and how gorgeous and flawless his skin was! If I could still do cartwheels, I think I would have done one right then! The paperwork and photos were being mailed out and I would receive them the next day, which was today. Needless to say, all night I felt like I had drank about 12 cans of Coke and was just bouncing off the walls! I barely slept a wink all night and both Glenn and I had bizarro dreams all night as well!

So, I woke up bright and early today thinking that my package would arrive sometime in the late morning. I was also dealing with some issues with one of our cats, Zoe. ( poor little girl has a UTI) I didn't want to leave the house until the package arrived, but I had to get my little kitty to the vet. ( I swear...never a dull moment around here...and we don't even have a child yet!!!) Long story short, I was expecting a Fedex or UPS truck to be pulling up until a chat with my neighbor brought to my attention that it may be coming express regular mail. I'm not sure why this thought didn't occur to me, but our mail doesn't arrive until around 3 o'clock! I called the agency and it turns out that IS how they sent it. So I was opening up the front door every 10 minutes all day for nothing!

It was a long, long day waiting for 3 o'clock to come, but it was most certainly worth the wait! It was love at first sight for both Glenn and I! Each time I looked at the photos it was almost as if I had seem them before a long time ago. Weird, right? Our baby!!!! We are finally going to be parents! I want to cry as I sit here and type this. I've never cried so many tears of joy....nor has Glenn...in one day! We couldn't be any happier than we are at this moment!

Ohhh, and his name! We have always loved the name "Noah." He has two middle names..."Lee" is his surname and his birthmother's surname as well, and Kenneth is Glenn's oldest brother's name. So there you have it!
( and make sure you click on the photos to see them bigger!!!)

12 comments:

  1. Colleen and Glenn,

    CONGRATULATIONS! He's a beauty! What does his name mean in Korean (his Korean name!)? He's SO chubby!!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is amazing!!! Congratulations!!!!! Can't wait to squeeze the little cheeks! Hi Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my GOODNESS! He's amazing. Wow. Chunky and hunky! ;) Just wait until you squeeze those chubby little legs...bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations. He is wonderful. I hope the process is a speedy one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! He's sooo cute!
    It truly is amazing how quickly your agency works...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! How old is he? He looks adorable with those chubby little legs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to squish him!!!! Hope the remainder of this process is as speedy as it has been!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHEW, HOW CAN YOU BE SO IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE YOU NEVER MET??? WELCOME, NOAH LEE KENNETH HORAN, WE DO LOVE YOU, ALL YOUR AUNTS AND UNCLES XOXOXOX (AND COUSINS TOO)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your referral. We are also adopting from LTC and received our referral on Christmas Eve. What a Xmas present!!

    I saw nowhere to email you direct so I just thought I would leave a comment.

    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is absolutely adorable...and apparently super wise to have chosen the two of you to be his parents! What a beautiful family you have created!!! I couldn't be happier for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! He is so beautiful! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to welcome this real special little guy. Hugs and kisses to keep him warm comes from Nan and all of those many aunts, uncles and cousins of the O'Horan Clan.
    Love to the special parents too.

    ReplyDelete