Monday, March 2, 2009

Paper Lanterns

So, I thought I would write a post about why we chose this name for our blog.

About 8 months ago, I was doing some shopping in Bed Bath & Beyond when I stumbled across packs of white paper lanterns. I always thought they were so pretty. They also reminded me of the yoga studio I used to go to (and need to get back to!) as they have many large lanterns hanging from the ceiling. My first thought was that I was going to buy them and hang them in my nursery! They would look so great! Mind you, at this time we didn't have a baby, weren't expecting and we hadn't even started looking into adoption. We were actually still in the process of our fertility treatments. Anyway, I put them in our spare room and forgot about them. Well, I stumbled across them a few weeks ago and immediately told Glenn....."Remember these?!! It's a sign!!! See!! We were meant to adopt from Korea all along!!!!" He of course humored me, as he is used to me being dramatic at times. But I really felt at that moment those paper lanterns meant something. Silly as it may be, it was one more thing that made everything just seem right.

6 comments:

  1. I too think those paper lanterns mean something,Colleen! I am big into signs as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Words can't describe how excited we are for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree! I did a whole post on my blog about many signs I've had along the way too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you and Glenn........... Yay ........and Simon too....
    love ya
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete